Tuesday, January 1, 2008

~A Happy New Year ~

We had a wonderful Christmas visiting with all our family. It was hectic, crazy and extremely exhausting, but always worth it.
It is good that this amount of celebrating only comes once a year because trying to keep up at this pace all year would leave anyone mumbling to themselves in the corner of a rubber room.

With still one more Christmas to go, I'm feeling a little close to that. I've enjoyed each and every get-together, but the stress of trying to please everyone and stretch ourselves so thin is overwhelming. I'm actually looking forward to some semblance of normalcy. I find myself daydreaming of a regular routine again, a day where the biggest decision I have to make is whether I should have splenda or sugar in my coffee.
Sweet simplicity is what every ounce of my soul is aching for. I long to get back into my quiet times, treasure unrushed moments with my children, and wake up each day knowing there is no where that I need to be.
I love each and every family member, but I think I could stay in my house for 3 weeks seeing only my husband and children and I'd be a happy woman indeed!
I'm just flat out pooped! But being that we had so much fun this season, I can understand why....







No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin