Monday, January 28, 2008

~ Worth More ~

I' m feeling frumpy...I'm feeling unattractive.
Maybe it's the fact that my "big" jeans are feeling a little tight or that commercial I saw with the absolute perfect body that had the most perfect face to go along with it or it could even be that fourth cookie that I polished off last evening.
Ahhhh, the truth will set us free, but I'm not feeling too free. So maybe I need a good dose of Gods word and a little run on the treadmill to feel better.
Cracking open my Bible involves no sweat, no tears and well, no laundry so I pick that today.

Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. (Proverbs 31:10)

"Our culture has attempted to discard the beauty and uniqueness of biblical womanhood and create an emotionally androgynous power-woman whose worth is measured only by the degree of her ambition, the shape of her body, and her money-making potential."
(a quote by Stacy Mcdonald in 'Passionate Housewives')

Okay, I feel better, and I don't smell one bit.

Virtuous~ moral excellence, righteousness, noble, right-minded.
These are things that I fall short in but on a daily basis I still pursue.
The perfect body, the academic performance, the status that the world measures beauty by are of no interest to me. Our God says a virtuous woman is worth far above rubies...well then, thats worth pursuing.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin