Monday, March 1, 2010

I Need a Saviour


"You long for the closeness, the connection, the affirmation that who you are is good and desirable. But God is the only one who can give all that to you all of the time. Your deepest needs and longing will only be met in an intimate relationship with Him. No person will ever reach as deeply into you as God will. No one can ever know you as well or love you as much. That insatiable longing for more that you feel, the emptiness you want those closest to you to fill, is put there by God so that He can fill it.

God wants us to want Him. And when we realize that it's Him that we want, we become free. We are free to identify the longings, loneliness, and emptiness inside of us as our signal that we need to draw near to God with open arms and ask Him to fill us with more of Himself. But this deep and intimate relationship with God that we all desire and can't live without doesn't just happen. It must be sought after, prayed for, nurtured, and treasured. And we must continually seek after, pray for, nurture, and treasure it."

excerpt from "The Power of a Praying Woman"~ Stormie Omartian


I have been meditating on my great need for God. My very real and deep need for a Saviour.
How different my life would look, how different my priorities, how lost I would feel.

How thankful for the life that He gave for me I am. My daily choices I hope reflect my love, my passion for His most precious word.

You have got to know by now how much music speaks to me, I apologize for yet another "you tube" video, but I am going to post it anyway because the words are fitting and beautiful.

(remember to pause the music in my sidebar)






"And what would I say
If You brought down the rain
Oh, and every day
I walked through the pain
my heart would still say,

Your name is Jesus


...You knew that

I'd need a Saviour"



You're the one that I hold onto, I know what you brought me through,



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for a very encouraging read this morning - I needed that. :)

And you are my hero for having *instrumental* music on your blog. Very soothing, and enjoyable to listen to while reading. Great blog!

Laura said...

Thank you for posting this! I'm having a rough time remembering to lean on Jesus, and it was nice to hear this song and read the words.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin