Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Reaching the Bottom?

This is what the bottom of my hamper looked like today.


Do you still want to be my friend?

I don't see the bottom of my hamper ever often. The orange peel looked rather fresh though, go figure. The unidentifiable brown object beside the pencil...ya, not so much.




Yes, I realize that only one of the sections of my hamper I was actually able to find bottom. The other 2 are still bulging with clothing. What can I say I have 6 children and am married to a tradesman and I really like chocolate. Not sure how that last one plays a part, but I figured you should be informed.


I was thinking today while I was doing my laundry because well, that's when all my deep thinking takes place. Amongst the sorting, spot washing, sniffing, and tossing, I was dwelling on the fact that I feel just like that hamper as of late.

I feel like I empty out all the things that need cleaning to God. I give over my big pile of mess. I feel like I am getting to the bottom. I am submitting in the areas that I need to. I hand over my fears, my pride, my will.

Then there at the bottom just when I thought I was gaining ground in this "laundry" I find myself staring at... trash.

There are things that I and maybe you? just aren't able to let go of on our own. And unfortunately, these are the among the most unsightly things of all.

Thankfully, we serve a God of grace and mercy. He promises that He will never leave us to ourselves.

"He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it..." ~Phil 1:6

The truth is we will never be perfect here on earth.

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect" ~2 Samuel 22:33

It is God who is perfect. It is His plan and His way for us that are perfect.

The truth is that what we really need to strive for is simply...


Him.



6 comments:

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.com said...

Brilliant.
As Usual.
(((Cyber hug!)))

Anonymous said...

true that!

JayD

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER!!

Wife to the Rockstar said...

LOVE THIS. You have NO idea how much trash I just uncovered these past few weeks. I needed to read this.

♥ the quiet homemaker said...

Oh thank you for this post! I needed a reminder! :)

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see this picture I forget it's n orange peel and think it is a rose petal.

Significance?.....

Jay D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin