Sunday, April 5, 2009

~ Resurrection Eggs ~

It's that time of year again where we really spend time reflecting on the sacrifice of our Lord and celebrate his miraculous resurrection.

My sister in law (have I mentioned before how wonderful she is?) gave my children these really neat eggs years ago. Since then it has become a very much anticipated tradition in our home.
We spend time each day on the 12 days leading up to the anniversary of the resurrection reading through a devotional retelling the story of Christs death and Him rising again.

Each egg possesses an important part of the story. It is a tangible way to portray the story from beginning to end. It also helps to set the tone in our home, and make sure the focus is where it ought to be. There weren't any chocolate bunnies and easter baskets at the cross.

Even the big boys look forward to opening an egg to again see whats inside. Each egg has a corresponding devotional to be read aloud as well as scripture verses to look up.



If you are looking for something like this to add to your family traditions, you can purchase this at familylife.com. You might be able find it at your local Christian bookstore as well.

I hope and pray that your week is filled with activities and thoughts that focus on the incredible sacrifice of our Saviour, and may you be blessed because of it.

Love,



4 comments:

Mrs. Breum said...

we do them, too! cute pics!

Christine G said...

Great blog you have here...I just came over from a comment you left on my blog!

I have looked at those for years, but your post inspired me to have a look at making them myself this year. I found a site here: http://www.greatcom.org/resources/sharing_in_the_classroom/easter_sharing/using%20easter%20eggs.htm that looks good. Thanks for sharing!
Christine

Michelle said...

We made a set of these a couple years ago, and the girls loved it when we opened up the eggs yesterday, it will always be a tradition here!

Mrs. Webfoot said...

I have used these eggs with groups of children. It is a very effective teaching tool.

Thank you for this beautiful post.

Mrs. Webfoot

Blog Widget by LinkWithin